Wednesday, March 25, 2009

summer people

There a number of things that I am fascinated with. A few being: prep schools, autumn, space, WWI, pop culture in general, and youth.

I know its kind of weird to say "youth" as something to be fascinated with, when in essence, I am a youth. Its more of a idyllic version of youth that I have. I love the idea of summer romances. I love the idea of spending days without any cares in the world. Never sleeping on hot summers nights. Feeling that one cool breeze out of hundreds of humid ones, the one that makes you just want to close your eyes. Days spent swimming in a lake surrounded by a still forest. Nights spent swimming slowly and quietly in the lake with a group of your closest friends. The moon reflecting on the water and walking barefoot down a dirt road back to your house and the fireflies dancing above the ground. Days spent with your friends and having nothing to worry about but how you are going to spend tomorrow.

1 comment:

Margo said...

those are the kind of summers i remember, but i'm not sure i ever actually experienced.