Sunday, June 28, 2009

media

Ok I usually write blogs about the stupidest things and am terribly apathetic towards politics, but after watching the news these past few days and reading on the computer I’ve just become sick of it all.

Michael Jackson was just a human being. He has just as much worth as the protestors in Iran and the people dying in Africa. It upsets me to see more and more people talking about Michael’s death than the turmoil with our economy or protestors in Iran.

Now don’t get me wrong. It’s sad that Michael died, but I cannot wrap my mind around someone crying and this sudden surge in popularity after his death. Sure he was a great singer and I am sad he died so young but cmon. Al Sharpton talking about setting up memorials to Jackson in major cities around the U.S, really?

I should have known though, it’s expected that people care about celebrities like they do, even if I don’t. I can understand that. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I dislike this ridiculous amount of media coverage that he’s getting while when he was alive the very same media tore him down.

I know people will disagree but whatever.

1 comment:

Margo said...

my sentiments exactly.